Neck pain and related symptoms including stiffness, jaw pain, headaches, and shoulder and arm pain are common causes of disability and reduced quality of life. At Advanced Spinal Care LLC in Hammond, LA, our chiropractor, Dr. Jay Miller, can provide treatment to reduce your symptoms and improve your overall health. Prior to visiting us, learn about some causes of neck pain below:
Neck Pain Causes and Risk Factors
Neck pain often develops in people who spend hours sitting in front of a desk or computer. Slouching in a chair with a flexed spine and forward head increases pressure and strain on the tissues in the neck area. Over time, this may increase the risk of muscle spasms, disc bulges, stiffness, and generalized neck pain.
Other risk factors for neck pain include stress, poor sleep, repetitive overhead motion, and heavy lifting. Acute personal injuries such as work injuries and auto accidents can also lead to a common neck pain syndrome known as whiplash, which develops as a result of forceful bending and snapping of the head and neck.
Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain
Neck pain is one of the most common reasons people come to see our chiropractor and staff for treatment. Some treatments we utilize for neck pain include:
- Posture assessments and retraining to avoid problematic positions and movement patterns
- Core exercises to create a more stabilized spine, positively impacting neck alignment and posture
- Chiropractic adjustments to optimize the alignment of the joints, bones, and discs in the cervical area and trigger natural pain relief via nervous system stimulation
- Manual techniques like massage therapy and myofascial release to alleviate areas of tension in the neck area and promote whole-body wellness
- Non-invasive modalities like electrical stimulation to promote natural and drug-free pain relief
With less pain, people are better able to tolerate corrective exercises that can help jumpstart their healing process, including simple movements like walking. The neck pain relief you can experience from chiropractic care will also help you sleep better, which can have a dramatic impact on your mental well-being and your body's ability to heal itself.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
At Advanced Spinal Care LLC in Hammond, LA, we offer a variety of treatments for neck pain, back pain, and shoulder pain. Many of our patients visit Dr. Miller for the first time looking for relief from neck pain. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your appointment, contact us at (985) 429-0005 today. When you need a chiropractor near me, our team is ready to assist you!